Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Just One More Thing

Almost time for bed. Mark is no doult up and about, already engaged in whatever the task of the day is.
L-rd, keep Mark and all in his unit safe.
I know that there are stronge feeling about the war in Iraq; for and against. But most don't seem to think about how their comments affect those of us who have loved ones in Iraq.
Or don't care.
I am reminded of when Mark in another war; Cancer.
We learned not to take life or the ones we love for granted. To treasure and cherish every moment you have with those you love. You never know when that one shall leave your arms. Mark will be gone from my for a very long time.
But I also look forward to when my beloved returns to them. To the day when I feel his hand caressing my cheek, his kissing my forehead, my nose and looking into the most amazing blue-green eyes in the world.
I was just thinking about Rabbi Joe. He has been so supported these past several weeks. Always ready to pray, always ready to give me a listening ear.
I remember just before Rosh Hashanah. He called just to tell he he knew how hard this time was for me, the first High Holy Days we were apart. That he was praying for me. I am so blessed and thankful for the care he has showed Mark and I.
And then there was my preparing to be called up to the Torah just this past Sabbath. Rabbi Joe's help as I learned the blessings and the verse from Gensis 6. His support and the willingness to try something new.
Plus, my nose in the Torah several hours a day kept me from worrying about Mark.
I spend so much time working on the chants, I had no voice the day before service! But G-d restored my voice and Bless G-d, I was able to fulfull not only the Commandmnet, but a lifelong dream; to read outloud, in hebrew, from the very Torah.
Scroll
We serve a wonderful G-d Who gives awesome gifts.

No comments: