Sunday, October 19, 2008

The Wizad of Oz



Happiness is a perfume which you cannot pour on others without getting a few drops on yourself.- Louis Mann, "In Quest of the Bluebird"


The Wizard of Oz has been on this weekend. I watched it last night and now tonight as well.
I remember as a child this was treat. We were know about two weeks before it came on TV. Mummie would make a large bowel of popcorn and we would have our own bottles of Coke. Then the movie would come on. And play straight through.
I needed this weekend. To know that Mummie is also watching Oz, with her own bowel of popcorn her nurse just brought in.
I remember the first time I saw the Oz with Mark. He had never seen it before and it was like seeing the movie again for the first time through his eyes.
Those beautiful blue-green eyes. I wonder if he's watching the Wizard of Oz as well. Or after a long day of being out in the field, sleep.

I'd never read the Oz books. 13 in all I believe. I might enjoy them.
I read the Mary Poppins books. I didn't like them. I shall stick to the movie.
May no soldier go unloved.
May no soldier walk alone.
May no soldier be forgotten,Until they all come home."

No comments: