Monday, October 20, 2008

Courting My Blessings

From 21th November
Ask your father and he will tell you, your elders and they will instruct you.- Deuteronomy 32:7

I spoke to a young lady last night. My heart broke for she is in a marriage where there is no love. A marriage where the only thing they have in commen is the love of their children.
I left such a marriage many years ago.

A sad man who abused me in front of his own child. I had enough commen sense to leave. I just wish had more self-respect not to have gotten such a marriage, though it lasted only months, in the first place.
In Mark, I have no such fears. I have in Mark a g-dly man who adored his "Pookie Bear." One who shares my interest, encourages me to be my very best, my greatest cheerleader. He has told me in both word and in deed that his whole aim in life is to: 1.Please G-d. 2. Make me happy. Though not perfect, being married to Mark is indeed pure heaven. I desire to make him happy and he, me. Yes, marriage is hard work and we're had our moments. But if I had it all to do over again, Mark would indeed be the man I would chose.
I am blessed to be loved by such a man, to have awesome parents in our parents and siblings. One day, G-d willing, children too. I am blessed to live in this country where I am free to worship my G-d, love whom I wish and follow my dreams. I am blessed to have a wonderful home and caring friends. I am blessed with a relationship with my Creator. I am blessed with health and a sound mind and a good life.
I am blessed.

No comments: