Thursday, October 30, 2008

Oh Hanukkah

Wednesday, December 5, 20072:28:00 PM EST
Feeling: Happy
Menorah
Chanukkah, Oh ChanukkahCome light the menorah

Let's have a party, We'll all dance the hora
Gather round the table, we'll have a treat;
Shiny tops to play with, Spinning Dreidel
latkes to eat Latkes
And while we are playing, The candles are burning low

One for each night, they shed a sweet lightTo remind us of days long ago
Chanukkah, O Chanukkah A yontev a sheynerA lustiger a freylicherNito noch azoyner Ale nacht in dreydl shpiln mirZudigheyse latkes esn mir
Geshvinder tsindt kinderDi dininke lichtelech onZogt "al ha-nisim," loybt G-t far di nisimUn kumt gicher tantsn in kon

***********************************************************************************
The Second Night:
Thursday, December 6, 200712:32:00 AM EST
Second Night of Hanukkah.

Even though Mark isn't here and I miss him dearly, it is a nice Hanukkah.
I think this Hanukkah has more meaning to me. How precious our faith is. What a wonderful gift. And despite the separation, it is a faith that Mark and I share. I feel just as close to him as if he was right here with me. One of the Hanukkiahs I am going to set aside and light it at 10 in the morning.
I believe sunset will be about that time and I want to kindle the Shabbat lights about the same time as he does.

No comments: