Sunday, October 19, 2008

Dairy Calls


Mark has been able to call almost every day this week.

And I love it. I missed his call one Tuesday, but after that we have been able to speak. He sounds great. His humour is still good and he says he is getting alot done. He has been going out into the city alot. He also enjoys working with the Marines and they seem to be pleased with his work. We did get cut-off for a few minutes, but he was able to call right back.
Today I will be mailing off his Carepackages. There are a few surprises that awaits him and since Mark does read this journal, I shalln't tell what they are. I will leave that for him to share.
Since I don't have to supple the Challah today (it's the monthly dinner) I will spend a nice, quiet Sabbat at home.

Expecting the world to treat you fairly because you are good is like expecting the bull not the charge because you are vegetarian."

The day didn't go as I'd planned. But does it ever? I am happy to report that Mark's first box was mailed today. I will have the next two by next week. My prayer is that the packages will reach him by Hanukkah. And I know that he will enjoy them.

No comments: