Thursday, October 30, 2008

Lighting the Lights



From Dec. 7th, 2007
Lighting the Lights
Mark called.

We kindled the lights together. He had lit the Shabbat lights and even at sunset, lit the Hanukkah candles. He said that the Jewish Federation has had memebers send Hanukkah and carepackages. For which I am thankful. Our jewish brothers and sisters have not been forgotten this holiday.
I made chocolate chip challah for tonight and I am praying it comes out well, since it has been a long time since I'd made chocolate chip challah.
I am taking a small break before I get to the latkes and the salmon cakes for tonight. I have to be honest, I am looking forward to it. Something that I can give that takes me out of myself. But I am also not feeling very well. I hope I'm not coming down with anything. Lots of handwashing and orange juice. If I was squeezing or coughing, I would hav ebowed out of cooking for tonight's oneg. I wouldn't wish for anyone to get sick.
I am beginning to smell the chocolate chip challah even now.

No comments: