Sunday, October 19, 2008

Rainy Day and F.R.O.G

Rainy Day
I had planned to go out today. Things that needed to be done. But David's car is acting up and we are planning for Sunday, just before the Holiday Sale I will attending.
So I am getting the house back in order. I have been so busy running, I had not done the things that I really need to do around here. So today I finish up and tomorrow I have Dr. T., mail the first two packages I have for Mark and have a nice, quiet Sabbat.
I also realize that I am eating more bread than I usally do. Not a good thing. Grill cheese sandwiches are indeed comfort food, but not a good thing when it is all you eats. I made a stew a few nights ago and it will be awesome after few days of sitting.
Sarah called. She said I soundede sad. So she shared what was happening in her life and how to pray. Then she allowed me to speak out the sadness in my heart. I am so thankful that she didn't take offend or personally by the tone of my voice, but kept I was lonely. No condemnation. Just love and support and grace. I am so thankful for Sarah and Paul. Dispite all that is going on in their lives, they have always been there for us.
I thank G-d for such wonderful friends.


Frog 5
F,R,O.G

I was told a story about a lady in the hospital who was near death when an area Chaplain came to visit her. This Chaplain was a very young female with long blond hair. She listened to the lady who was ill and left her a small gift for comfort .. It was a tiny ceramic frog. The next day one of the people from the lady's c hur ch came to visit. The lady told her friend about the beautiful young Chaplain who had come to visit her. The friend was so impressed with the way the lady had improved and felt the need to talk to the young Chaplain. In her search to find the young gal, she was repeatedly reassured that the chaplains are never very young and that there was never a gal that fit the description given. Upon returning to the lady in the hospital, a visiting nurse entered the room and noticed the ceramic frog. The nurse made the comment "I see you have a guardian angel with you," As she held the little frog. We asked why she made the comment and we were informed that the frog stood for: (F) Fully (R) Rely (O) On (G) God

No comments: