Monday, October 20, 2008

Butt Prints in the Sand

From 20th November
Breathing Part 2


I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning how to sail my ship.
-Louisa May Alcott


Having asthma, I am fully aware of what it is like to struggle for a breath.
When one has an asthma attack, it is like a fish out of water, grasping for air.
At times like that, I have to remember, not only to calm down so that the medication has time to work, but to pray for G-d to give me the abitity to breath.
This meditation reminds me, where I am having an asthma attack or not, my breathing solely relies on The Holy One.

Tonight I recieved some news that was tough to hear. I knew it already in my heart, but to hear the words straigh away crushed my soul. The only thing that can heal this is hearing the voice of my beloved Mark and then, when I go to bed, laying my head upon the breast of my Heavenly Father, hearing His Heart beat, feeling His arms about me.

This evening, I told my daughter-in-law that I am so proud of her, of how she is living her life despite the hardships. She had they have made her stronger.
Knowing the truth about my own child, this storm will my wings stronger.
Tonight I watched a show I would not ususally watch.
The Bachelor. The Promo that caught my eye: "how he crushed the hearts of two women."
This guy is so full of excuses for why he led these two women on. They are now confronting him with the way he handled things. The guy is afraid of commitment. And instead of being willing to admit this to himself, he is playing the "you deserve better," card. And it is true. They do deserve better. They also deserve better treatment and apology for his behaviour.
But he is the greatest loser.Because he is a little boy in a Male body, and shall continue to be a loser in the affairs of the heart if he doesn't man up.
Every relationship has a measure of risk. Not just the fact that person may not return your love, cheat on you and work. But even the love a lifetime, someone will die.
Will the death of the one you love stop from loving that person for however long G-d gives you together?
I remember when Mark struggled with being afraid. But he loved me enough to overcome the fear and we are now very happily married.
It is said that whatever doesn't kill you, will make you stronger.
I know so.

Buttprints in the Sand

One night I had a wondrous dream,
One set of footprints there was seen,
The footprints of my precious Lord,
But mine were not along the shore.

But then some strange prints appeared,
And I asked the Lord, "What have we here?"
Those prints are large and round and neat,
"But Lord, they are too big for feet."

"My child," He said in somber tones,
"For miles I carried you along.
I challenged you to walk in faith,
But you refused and made me wait."

"You disobeyed, you would not grow,
The walk of faith, you would not know,
So I got tired, I got fed up,
And there I dropped you on your butt."

"Because in life, there comes a time,
When one must fight, and one must climb,
When one must rise and take a stand,

Or leave their butt prints in the sand."

No comments: