Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Are You in The Fire?




Yesterday, I wrote a devotional for friends and family. It was based on Malachi 3:3.
It was inspired by the glazing of my wedding band.
I look upon my wedding band a lot these days. Remembering the one who slipped it upon my finger. For it is the seal of my conveant with my beloved Mark. I decided to post it here as well.

The prophet Malachi wrote in Malachi chapter three verse three: "He will sit as a refiner and purifier of silver."
This verse speaks of G-d as a Refiner, a Smithie Who refines gold and silver.
And how is gold refined?
A few days ago, I went to have my wedding band cleaned. While waiting, I watched one of the jewelers firing a gold band. It was held over the flame with care by the refiner herself. It had already been boiled and the impurities removed until the refiner could see her face. After it was cooled in water, it was now being fired. The jeweler took great care with the object of love, her eye fixed on nothing but the ring. I was told she kept such an keen eye, for held one moment longer over the flame, the ring would be destroyed. And how did she know it was finished? When the jeweler could see her face in the ring.
Soon, I was handed back my now clean ring. Warm to the touch, I smiled. The ring my beloved placed on my ring almost two and a half years ago, and I can still see my own reflection.
I know that during this time of our lives, G-d is using fire to make us Holy, in His imagine. Our separation causes us both to pray more, study Torah more and draw closer to G-d. True, it is no fun, but we are being refined into the Imagaine of Yeshua Messiah.
But one day, we shall be removed from the fire and reunioned. Stronger in our faith, stronger in our love for G-d and for each other.
So if today, your feeling the heat of fire, remember that G-d
has His eye on you and will keep His Hand on you and watch over you until He sees His image in you.
*From Mark:
Pookie Bear,You are so right!!! The more we are in the fire, the purer we become.... It is not something people like to hear; I do not like to hear it sometimes. But then I just remember that this is not my "inner man" speaking. I remember just as you have heard me say so many times, and you have also said this so many times, "Just as I am not out to harm you, but for your good, so G-d is not out to harm me, but wants the best for me every moment." This helps to settle me, and gives me a new perspective on what is happening.
Smoochie

1 comment:

natalie said...

what a beautiful story!
love,natalie