Monday, November 3, 2008

Why I Love Him


From 17th Dec 2007

"As you face your fears and insecurities, you will find out what you really are like."

There are so many reasons why I love Mark.
But one of them is that he makes me feel like the most beautiful woman in the world. The way he looks at me, touches me, smiles at me. The above quote from the Song of Songs he often says as he strokes my cheek. Even now, with miles and miles between us, he quotes those beautiful words penned thousands of years ago.
How often Mark tells me how much he loves me. And a woman who is truly loved by her husband is the most beautiful woman in the world.
I spoke to a dear friend today. She and her husband are spiritual parents; first to Mark, now to the both of us. They had been in the progress of selling their home and moving, so this was the first that they had heard of Mark's being redeployed to Iraq. I know that they will be praying for him as well. Mama Jerry reminded that while the military is hard on a marriage, if the marriage is a strong one (like ours) the distrance serves only to strengthen the relationship and the love the couple has for each other.
It is true. I think of the times I took things Mark did and said for granted. How I would love to see a pair of his dirty socks on the bathroom floor or have to fuss at him about leaving a glass on the night stand. How often I would playfully chase him out of the kitchen because of the husge mess he made.
How I would love to see that lovely mess once more....
I spoke to my beloved this morning. He was going to bed early, since he had to be at the range early in the morning. I trust G-d to watch over him and those who serve under him.

No comments: