Sunday, November 9, 2008

No Regrets



Dec. 29, 2007 1:03:00 AM

Well, I have broken one of my rules.

I should be in bed, but I cannot sleep, so I am writing instead of laying in bed.

I am about to change that. I do feel sleep coming and I do plan to rest tomorrow. One moment at a time.
This is hard. It is hard being away from the one you love this long. To know that my beloved is in harm's ways. There are times I jump when the phone or doorbell rings or there is a knob at the door. I don't watch the news much anymore, because of the thoughts that often fill my mind.
Yes, I knew Mark could and would be deployed when I married him. I knew there would be lonely nights, days of no e-mail or phone calls.

Months before I would see him again.
But I have no regets. I am a pround army wife; standing beside my big guy as he does the job he does best. As he defends the nation we both love, as he works to help the people of Iraq rebuild their lives, I stand with him, pray for him bake and send cookies and keep that candle in the window burning intil he returns to my arms.

No comments: