Monday, November 3, 2008

Counting My Blessings

Wednesday, December 19, 20079:30:00 PM EST
Feeling: Quiet

I had the honour of having three little people in my home today, Very busy little people. I thank G-d I had them; they filled our home with joy, laugher and smiles Each one reminded me of the reasons why I wish to children with Mark.
Mark. We were blessed to have 91 minutes on the phone this afternoon while the little ones took naps. 91 minutes whole minutes.

So we were really able to talk and laugh over silly things.
How I love to hear his voice.
He shared some about his work in the field. How the people are glad the army is there, having chased the terrorism out and now they can once again rebuild their city.
The weather is cold and rainy. Mark says everyone calls Ramadia Remuddy, because everything turns into mud and once harden, it becomes cement. It is murder on trucks, let alone on one's boots.
I am so blessed with Mark, with our love, our home and our life together. I know that I make Mark sound perfect. He isn't . But he is perfect for me. G-d has blessed me with my beloved.
There have been several times this week I have been reminded just how blessed I am.

To have a g-dly husband, a home and my needs met.
To have a husband who cares about my, listens to what I have to say and doesn't demand I just "get to the point."
Someone who goes doesn't just go to Synagogue so I would 'get off his back" but to truly worship G-d. One who has studys Torah with me, who prays with and for me.
Someone who encourages me to be the best I can be and encourage me in my gifts and skills.
Never has he called me "stupid" or "dumb" nor does he allow me to be hard or harsh on myself. And even though he is far away, his first question is: "how are you doing, baby?"
I am reminded of what a blessing it is to live in a country where you are free worship as you wish or not worship G-d at all. That is you don't like the government, you can show you displeasure by voting and that none fear going to jail or worse for speaking against the nation's leaders. I realize how bless I am to have family and friends who love me and I love back.
But most importantly, I am thankful for the Love of the Messiah, He that my people are still waiting for.

No comments: