Sunday, March 21, 2010

Sweet Surprise

This morning, alittle after 11 am, the phone rang.
It was my beloved.
Oh how good was to hear his voice.
But then again I say that all the time, don't I?
It was 8pm and after a long day, he was preparing for bed, but wanted to hear my voice before he went to sleep.
I know the feeling: Mark often calls as I am preparing for bed and I always sleep better when I had spoken to him.
The unit had two Challah makers (the egg rich bread we enjoy on Shabbat) one has since gone home. So Mark is helping out, since he use to help me at home every once in a while with the baking.
He said the one they made for this Shabbat came out rather large, light and fluffy, making three loaves. Right now they are using paper cups, guessing at the measurements. So I will be including plastic measuring cups in the next Carepackage. This way, whoever makes Challah will have the right tools to use.
I just think it is cool to celebrate Shabbat in Afghanistan.
Mark has left me pictures and permission to post them.
It is now in Afghanistan and Mark says the weather is rather nice.
But I forgot to ask how his little garden was coming along.
We are both now preparing for Pesach (Passover) Me cleaning the apartment, removing the leaven, Mark doing the same in his quaters. The Hebrews in his unit will gather together at the place the rabbi is now preparing to keep the Passover.
I believe that the Holy One is going to meet both of us in a very special way this Passover. Though a half a world apart, our love, our faith and even the celebrating the High Holy Days keep us closer and nearer than if we were in the same room.
It is a beautiful Spring day.
Too nice to be inside.
Time for a walk.

No comments: