Sunday, November 1, 2009

Lovely Comments

I would like to take a moment to thank those who have left such lovley comments. They mean so much to Mark and I.
I know we have many readers, most don't leave a comment. And that is cool.
But to be honest, the feedback does help.
And though Mark cannot read them from where he is posted, I do read him what people have written. It encourages us both.
Being a military wife isn't an easy thing, nor is it for everyone.
But to be honest, I wouldn't trade my life for anything.
First off, I ahve the love of a good, g-dly man. A rare thing these days. A faithful man who loves me, his family and friends, his country.
Being an army wife, I am part of something bigger than myself. By standing beside my husband, keeping the home fires going and yes, now with Operation School Supplies and Holiday Package, I have a small part of my husband's mission. He sees to the school being builded: I send supplies that the children need.
It is hard. The nights cold and lonely.
But for the freedoms we enjoy, it is worth it.
In my own way, I too serve our nation. And that is an honour no one can ever pay me for.
Well, give our servicemen and women the respect and honour their due.
That's payment enough.
Under the Afghanistan starry sky, my beloved sleeps.
Sleep well, Beloved.

No comments: